...and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever. (Doctrine and Covenants 122: 7-9)

Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 12, 2011

Hey, literally no time to write an email today, but I figured I should let you know I am being emergency transferred. There are some elders going home halfway through the transfer because of when they came in, so they had to shut down Grimsby 2.1 along with some other areas to fill their spots. So I am being transferred about 100 miles north to a town called South Shields, near Newcastle and Sunderland, some fairly large cities. It's pretty close to the border of Scotland and it will be very cold since it is also right along the seaside just like Grimsby, except Grimsby is a lot further south. Also in my zone are two of the places  they used to film Hogwarts in Harry Potter. There is a castle in Alnwick (pronounced Annick), which is the furthest north area in the mission, which they used for a lot of the first movie, especially when harry learns to fly a broom, and a cathedral in Durham, where they filmed a lot of the hallway scens in Hogwarts. Definitely will be visiting both of those if I get the opportunity. My companion will be Elder Bensberg from somewhere in Southern England. He has been described to me as a life-sized teddy bear. Anyway, I wish I could write more but I've already used too much time as I will be traveling all day today, but that will give me loads of time to write letters. Be sure to send things to the mission address in Leeds until further notice. Love you all, Elder Winder

No comments:

Post a Comment