...and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever. (Doctrine and Covenants 122: 7-9)

Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 13, 2012

This has been an interesting week. We nearly got standards again, somehow. We haven't had the opportunity to do much finding this week at all because of some things going on. I've had some bad migraines this week, so I've had to stay in for a bit. They seem to have gone away now. I felt horrible yesterday and actually had to go lay down while at a dinner appointment. Then we went to a blind investigators home and taught him, but my eyes were hurting so bad that I just closed them and rested the whole time. Kinda bad, but he couldn't tell. Haha. Oh well. Elder Bensberg taught him well, I'm sure. I also had my first driving lesson (finally) on Thursday. That was anexperience. Learning how to drive in England is difficult enough for Americans. Learning how to drive in England while learning how to drive a stick-shift makes things a bit more difficult. Good news though, I only stalled about five times in the two hour lesson. Every time it stalled, though, there were four or five cars behind me. They weren't very patient cars, either. It was also raining and dark, so given that, I drove pretty well. I have another lesson this Friday. I'm hoping I don't have to take more than two more lessons because they're 34 pounds per lesson. It'd be easier if I already knew how to drive manual... so I suggest everyone learn to do it before their mission.

I think I'm hitting the point inmy mission where I'm realy starting to change things that are goingto stick with me for the rest of my life. Habits like goingto bed early, wakingup on time, studying effectively  every day, eating healthy, and prioritizing my schedule are not meant to just be used on a mission. I'm startingto engrain them into my mind and body.

Other interesting thing I did htis week was going to a Masonic Temmple last night with an ex-member of the church who is now a Free Mason. It's really...uh, interesting, I will say. Masonry goes all the way back to the buildingof Solomon's temple. I felt a bit uneasy in there, since there were some familiar pictures and stuff, but President Lindley said that it was nothingto worry about and he had done a lot of research on Masonry himself. We had called him to ask permission to walk through it. I want to see a Jewish service sometime as well. It's good to see other peoples' beliefs, but we definitely have to rely on the Spirit to recognize what is truth andwhat is not.

Anyway, that was pretty much my week. We're going down to Leeds tomorrow for a zone conference. Special guests: MTC President and Sister Walker! It will be great to see them again.a Well that's about it. Hope you all have a good week. Love you!

Elder Winder

No comments:

Post a Comment