...and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever. (Doctrine and Covenants 122: 7-9)

Thursday, February 23, 2012

January 3, 2012

I've got a litle time to email today since we're doing Mormon.org time now. The members loaded us up like crazy with sweets. We may not finish them all before the end of the month. I've already gained at least 10 pounds since being in Leeds, so I wish we hadn't been given so much candy. One member tried to give us 80 pounds to spend on whatever we wanted, but we told him we coudn't accept that. Instead he offered to buy us the same amount in groceries. So pretty much we don't have to buy any food this transfer, haha. As far as the fruitcake thing, I think there was a misconception. We eat lots of little cakes with fresh fruit in them, but it's not like what you would think of as fruitcake.  I still don't like those. The treats are all pretty much the same here, just lots and lots of chocolate.

We got right back to missionary work the day after Christmas, so it came andwent really quickly. Kind of weird. I hardly feel like Christmas even happened because you know how I normally am with decorating andgetting into the Christmas spirit. Not much to do with that here. The same with New Year's. I hardly feel like it's 2012. Just feels like a normal day at work. This will be an exciting year though because it's my "blackout year", or in other words, my full year of straight missionary work. Should be a lot of fun but mostly a lot of harder work and dedication. I suppose I'll miss a lot of Marissa and Matthew growing up this year as well. Before I know it she'll start writing me letters, haha.

Talk to you next week!

Love, Elder Winder

No comments:

Post a Comment