...and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever. (Doctrine and Covenants 122: 7-9)

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 14, 2011


Woah, first transfer! I found out last night that I am being sent to serve in Grimsby 2.1 and a Swedish missionary named Elder Dundee! I'll be heading out tomorrow after the transfer meeting. I'll be in a 4-man flat, so we'll all be serving in the same area/ward, but technically we're whitewashing since they've never had a Grimsby 2.1 before. So don't send anymore letters to my Leeds 5 address! In fact, the mission office is always the best address to send letters to, even if it's a little slower. No matter where I am in the mission, they can get letters to me. Anyway, Grimsby! It's quite a ways away from Leeds, but so is everything since Leeds is the center of the mission. Grimsby is south of Leeds on the east coast of the country, right up against the sea. If you look on a map, it's right under a little jut of sea coming into the land. The nearest big city is Kingston-upon-Hull, so the zone I'll be in is called the Hull Zone. It's a pretty spread out zone with not nearly as many teams as the Leeds zone, so I won't get to know the whole zone as well as I have serving here in Leeds. There are no sisters serving in the Hull Zone, so it's just MAN-POWER all the way. And scripture power. It'll be exciting! Elder Bentley serving in Grimsby 1 and told me some great things about the area. Anyway, I'll tell you all more about it next week! Also, Christmas is coming up and I'd love it more than cake if I got tons of letters from everyone! So hope to hear from you all soon and I love you!
 
Elder Winder

No comments:

Post a Comment