...and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever. (Doctrine and Covenants 122: 7-9)

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

October 31, 2011


Sorry for not writing last week! 8 hours of P-day just isn't enough to do everything I'd like to do each week. Throw travel time and occasional dinner appointments in there and P-days can be kind of short. I have been doing well, though. I hope you all have as well. I am loving the autumn weather here. It's actually really cold but I'm weird and I like the weather. It has yet to snow, though. The temperature hangs around 10-12 degrees Celsius, and I am not sure what that is in Fahrenheight. Freezing temperature is 0 degrees (I paid some attention in 6th grade science) and it hasn't gotten near that yet, but it's right around the corner. Scotland has already seen snow and Leeds is in the north part of England, so it's coming soon. I remember it snowed pretty early in the year in Provo last year, so maybe the weather won't be as bad here, but at the same time, the winds are much stronger and bone-chilling here. Speaking of bones, Happy Halloween! I get to do nothing this year! Ah! My second favorite holiday and we're not even allowed to go knocking tonight. I did enjoy the branch Halloween party, however. We couldn't stay long because there were no investigators there, but I had enough time to attempt to chug 3 sodas in under 45 seconds. I thought it would be possible because I did one earlier in 12 seconds, but I realized I needed sufficient burps in order to clear room in between cans, so I ended up with 1:23. Not bad, but that record will soon be broken. We have a few people scheduled for baptism in the next few weeks, but we're not sure how many of those will actually happen. Expect to hear more on those in the coming weeks. One of them is as golden as investigators come, so she'll be baptized eventually, she just has to get to church. Hope you enjoy doing fun stuff tonight to spite me!
 
P.S. Lexi, if you're reading this, I got your letter like a month ago and I sent a reply immediately, and I just got it sent back a few days ago because apparently English postmen don't understand the way Provo addresses work (they are confusing, I will say). So I'm going to get that letter sent back as soon as possible. I think the letter to WIll, Ana, and Jerry got sent but yours just didn't for whatever reason (I had a separate one with your lettter). Interesting situation. Just don't think I forgot you! kbye!
 
 
Love, Elder Winder (soon to be Elder Winter)

No comments:

Post a Comment